help someone else.
Don't confuse unsolicited advice with help. Unsolicited advice is often a way to give the other person your opinion on what they are doing wrong or why you think they deserve the problems they have. It's true that many people just need some know how to solve their problems but to get to the point where they are ready to explore how to solve their problems, they need to know that they are valued and that they have the support they need in order to make the change. We are all somewhat paralyzed by our circumstances, even positive changes sometimes threaten the equilibrium of our lives. So make sure that when you find a need you offer help and not just a to-do list for the person you are trying to benefit.
Here are some ways you can help people:
1. Make a how-to video of a skill that you have and share it.
2. Teach a class.
3. When you hear someone is looking for a new job, offer them resume and interview help. Interviews are easier if you have thought of a few questions in advance.
4. If someone is sick at work, bring them some soup from the cafeteria or the local Panera so they don't have to walk a long way for their food.
5. If you admire something someone has created, tell them.
6. If you have possessions you no longer need, try to find someone who would use them and give them away.
7. Offer to go to the gym with someone that is just starting to get in shape. Sometimes just having someone to go with makes it easier to go.
8. Send someone a thank you note when they help you.
9. Bring someone coffee in the morning.
10. Help someone fix a mistake without judging them.
I've found that days go better if I'm looking for ways to help people. Time goes by faster and I have less days where I feel bored or directionless. I'm sure you'll have the same experience if you make helping other people a habit. Tell me your favorite ways to help people in the comments.
Have you heard of minimalism? It's a"new" movement to describe an old behavior of limiting the amount of "stuff" you...
When I was busy failing high school my friend Dave and I would spend our free time searching out the worst movies we could find. There were ...
One of the things I love the most is discovering a new blog. I've been inspired, entertained and educated by some of the best writers on...