Have you heard of minimalism? It's a"new" movement to describe an old behavior of limiting the amount of "stuff" you...
I just had time to catch up on my comments. Sorry it took me so long if you had a comment in moderation. I'd like to welcome my new gue...
The A-Z challenge rolls on and now I get to start talking about the original reason for starting my blog. Way back in 2006 I realized that I...
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Happy New Year
Things I want to change:
1. I want to develop healthy habits. Better eating, more exercise.
2. I want to keep learning. I don't know if this will take the form of more formal education but I will absolutely develop some skills this year.
3. I want to buy less. I am going to make my purchases more focused and more planned. I do not want to use shopping as a form of entertainment anymore. I have a surfeit of manufactured goods and not enough time to use them all.
4. I want to develop better relationships. I want to push my personal boundaries a bit to tell people how much I appreciate them, spend more time engaging with people and sharing more of myself with them.
5. I want to write. As in write something for publication. I enjoy writing in my journals, blogging, and writing reviews but I would like to do something a bit commercial and see if I can sell it.
I am at the point where I'm less interesting in doing things because I should do them and more interesting in doing things because I want to do them.
I hope beautiful things happen for you in 2013 and I am excited to see what our little journey brings us in the coming year.