Whatever your hobby is you have a dream. A dream to find or do something rare and unique. If you collect records you want to find an origina...
I just had time to catch up on my comments. Sorry it took me so long if you had a comment in moderation. I'd like to welcome my new gue...
Have you heard of minimalism? It's a"new" movement to describe an old behavior of limiting the amount of "stuff" you...
Saturday, September 22, 2007
I went to work and got almost caught up. It feels good when you're not feeling like you're drowning every day.
I promised Joanna I'd write a nice post about her after my post yesterday so I'll post the 5 things I love most about her:
1. She is very flexible. I change my mind 20 times a day, isn't that supposed to be the woman's role in the relationship? Anyway if she weren't so flexible I would probably drive her completely crazy.
2. She is super good with the kids. I love my kids to death but you can't reason with kids. If I spend time with all three of them for hours at a time I start to lose it. She is always super wonderful with them and they're lucky they don't have me as an only parent.
3. She is very hard working. Yes she drags her feet about some stuff that I consider important like getting her driver's license but when she resolves to do something she works very hard at it. I think she actually completes more project than I do.
4. Joanna is very loyal. Even when I don't deserve it I believe that she still loves me and still does nice things for me like cooking for me and taking care of me when I'm sick.
5. She is good at getting me to do things that are good for our family. Our house is lovely and without her I'd still be renting a two bedroom apartment.
Friday, September 21, 2007
I needed to go into work to catch up on some stuff, but since I was left with the boys this morning I was too frustrated to go right in. I went to a farmer's market instead. I bought some heirloom tomatoes and some potatoes. I came home and made the best turkey sandwich I've ever had with the heirloom tomatoes. I think they called the variety Colorado Sunshine.
After that I went in and did what I absolutely had to at work. Still frustrated I didn't want to do any more so I did what anyone would do and went down to the club to play poker. I played $25 in roulette while I was waiting for the tournament to start and lost. I played in the $60 tournament with one re-buy.
To start with I made a couple hundred chips. Then I started tanking heavily down to a low of about $3500 chips. Then I decided that from now on I always play my best game, and since someday I hope I can play my favorite game full time instead of work I decided today was the day I'd justify my play.
I started rising up, on up to $18,000.00 in chips and ended up taking third place for $225.00 It was pretty profitable because I missed the re-buy opportunity on the break. Also I got a great haddock and chips platter, who would have thought that the place to get fish and chips on Friday was at the local charity poker room? All in all a good night.